How can we improve the Pro Circuit?

Tribes Ascend

No other FPS comes compares. Highest skill ceiling, insane team play.

3,008 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    AnonymousAnonymous shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

49 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • chronochrono commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This game has potential but at the moment it's unplayable for tournaments.
        Still better than COD or Halo.

• CreedrahCreedrah commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Tribes has such a high skill cap, and there are so many moments for clutch game play to keep the audience on the edge of their seat. Who knows, maybe being accepted into MLG would encourage Hi-Rez to improve their spectating system.

• AnonymousAnonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

tribes is the be all end all for high skill ceiling competitive play.

The everyday pub game is awful but nothin compares to tribes comp

• Ben HaveyBen Havey commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

An extremely unique experience, no other game requires the speed that the Tribes series does. This game could be the next new competitive eSport, but it will not gain the ability to do so without publicity and more exposure to the general public.

• BoredBored commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Game is crazy awesome to watch when done right. MLG has the right infrastructure and experience to truly showcase Tribes. With proper streaming of player POV's, good use of PIP, getting the right casters, and just generally putting some production value into casts and streams, T:A could really spread it's wings.

• FingonarFingonar commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Needs some work, But could turn out to be a golden one in terms of competitive play. Could result in an extremely interesting team based, fast paced, skill based FPS.

• NickNick commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Imbalanced classes and shit tactics make this game painful on a competitive level....

It needs more work, but since 1999 I've not found anything that gives me the same rush.

• Max LacanteMax Lacante commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Thought the game still needs some balancing work, it's hands down the most exciting fps to watch. Fastpaced action, games turning around in a matter of minutes and the simple fact that the whole team contributes to scoring a cap.

Plus, jetpacks.

• anonymousanonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

You would change the landscape of first person shooters if you brought T:A into the MLG. It only takes one brave organization such as your own. Are we really happy with the past 10 years and so many games being made so similar?

Kinda imbalanced atm with a few shit tactics but the potential is sky high!
        - ZeroMethanol

p.s. 1000th vote, VGW

Where are my Central Servers HiRez

It's been well over half a year of me asking you for central servers

Where are they

110 Ping is no Esport

Give me Central Servers

Now

Central

While it does have some issues, its potential is limitless. Huge amount of fun to play/watch and cast.

- Chadman

If Hi-Rez makes Ascend more like Tribes 1 was, then it will be ready for competition. As is, Ascend competition is boring, imbalanced, and completely lacks innovation. It's not worth following.

Things that would help: Teams of at least 10 players for competition, destructible inventory stations, naked spawn, remove most of the automatic weapons, team-based max turret count, bigger maps or movement adjustments, etc.

The main reason Ascend has registered more users that T1 copies were sold is because there are way more online gamers now than there were 14 years ago. Hi-Rez just doesn't seem to understand that T1 became legendary because it got it right. They try to change things too much, and destroy the recipe for success.

← Previous 1 3

Feedback and Knowledge Base