How can we improve the Pro Circuit?

Warsow

Run Warsow 1v1 or CA either as an online league/ladder or pro circuit event. With 1.0 having just released it's at least something to keep an eye on!

http://www.warsow.net/

888 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    FasterZFasterZ shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

19 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Luka PreradovićLuka Preradović commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Warsow is one of the best freeware arena shooters that chews and spits out some triple A games. Its original in concept and gameplay or atleast it improves Quake 3 Arena formula with adding complex things and also making some things simple, the core of complex things are tricks and aim at very high speed while simplified part is at weapons but good balance. This game wont die out in next 10 years if gets updates and new content, if Warsow gets in MLG it would help considerably and it would be a right choice since its already on some major tournaments but not high as MLG. The real Pro´s are at Warsow not COD nor Starcraft. People with no skillz at all will be flushed, people that played Q3A/QL will stand out and real pro´s will flatten them on asphalt !! Instagib is real deal, especialy when its CTF or pure no spawn TDM. PS: (You dont need live video stream to see Warsow gameplay, everybody can download and play it and watch it, almost)...

• Brandon RauserBrandon Rauser commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This definitely has to be added to MLG. This game fits the competitive bill in many regards. The skill ceiling is insanely high, I would say maybe even higher than Quake's. The movement is pretty crazy and very entertaining to watch. The frags you get are also entertaining to watch. The game also has a demo system which is required for a competitive tournament with cash prizes. The maps are all very good. This game needs to be added, if it is not I have lost all hope in MLG. The only problem is I wish I were better at it myself.

• AnonymousAnonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

A game requiring so much skill, it's an art to play... Moving and aiming are two completely seperate disciplines to work on, and after 5 years of playing I still feel like a rookie.

A good game is defined by its replayability, the ease with which someone can pick it up and of course where the ceiling is in terms of skill. Warsow ticks all boxes.

Proud Warsow player since 0.42. So glad to finally see a full release... Good job crizis and the devs.

• AnonymousAnonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Warsow is a very fast and fun to watch FPS. It has simillarities to Quake and other FPS but it's still very unique. Plus the game is completely free to play, ye you've heard right it's COMPLETELY free. No micro-payments or Premium subscriptions, just download the game and start owning. The community is very friendly and glad to help every beginner out there.

http://warsow.net/download

Feedback and Knowledge Base